Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Rapunzel- By Julia



In case you're wondering why Julia's pictures don't have faces.....it's because all the other apsects of drawing are easier for her to draw but she is daunted by drawing the faces. So she's practicing. I think one of the best and easiest ways of doing just that is by getting out a coloring book of princesses or whatever you're trying to draw and trace them until you feel comfortable enough to draw it free-hand until you feel comfortable enough to draw it on your own. Coloring books are typically very simple drawings with simple lines ( I know this b/c I am a very simplistic "drawer"/"copier":P:P:P). And when I see simple I know it, when I see detail I know it ( by usually feeling overwhelmed or totally amazed by the drawing:P:P),

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi - Meredith has taught herself to draw and is really good. She likes to do fashion, too. Maybe we should connect them.

How old is Julia?