Friday, November 21, 2008

Vocabulary : My new favorite word

Yes, I'm a sucker for vocabulary........I just watched a movie and a girl stated when referring to Shakespeare, "Why don't they talked like that anymore?" hehehe I'm not saying we have to go overboard....and describe everything to the Nth degree, but I certainly believe we have been dumbed down.
The kids are doing reports on famous sculpturers and sculptures and as we were reading on Harrison's sculpture of Lady Liberty they referred to her as the copper-clad statue. I love the word clad!!!!! hahaha There's just something about it I really like. So it's going in my favorite word bank.


Definition: Clad: To furnish with a covering of a different material.

Synonyms:
adorned, arrayed, attired, clothed, covered, dressed, face, garbed, robed, sheathed

Ewww, I also LOVE some of those synonyms, too ( adorned, arrayed, attire, robed, and sheathed)!! (Look out Fancy Nancy, right, Jen???:D ).
I LOVE thesaurusi ( or thesauruses).

Anyways, that's my new post!!!:P

No comments: