Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Providence Phenomena

I absolutely LOVE it when in providence friends or family members are thinking of the same things......especially when they haven't been discussed beforehand. I seem to do that with my family a lot. heheh When we talk on the phone, we of course talk about things that have been on our minds ( which could be ANYTHING.....) and come to find out.....that the other person had been thinking about the same thing, even that same week. I was searching the internet for bridesmaids dresses and came across this black dress with white polka dots with a red sash underneath the bust..SOOO cute. I sent the link to Ames and she said (if I get this correct) that Ang. saw Vanna White with the same dress on and commented about it possibly being a bridesmaid dress. hehehehe or this...............
Bethers was turning all the lights off in the house at night ( what a little conservationist :D ) and I wanted at least ONE light on so I said to her to turn on the light, and not two seconds later this guy on tv says, "turn on the lights" !!!!! HAHAH I was a little creeped out in a cool way.:P:P
also.........
I don't know about you guys, but sometimes words just pop into my head like (for me) bigger words that I don't use much and I'm like, where did that come from (looks around)? Like the word : CONSTERNATION I don't use this much if at all. It means a sudden, alarming amazement or dread that results in utter confusion; dismay. Maybe that's just my life right now????:P:P:P
One last one.....
I was thinking of the book Persuasion last week, and when I read it many years ago it was the first time I had heard of the word bequeathed......no big deal, but either that night or the next day I was reading in Spurgeon's Morning and Evening and he used the word bequeathed in the devotion I was reading. It's really no big deal, but I think it's cool when things of this nature happen.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I agree...when those things happen it is cool, weird and creepy. ;) Love ya! Jen

amy said...

hahah, I totally know what you mean....I love it when that happens. I always wonder if God does that in our lives every so often just to make us sit back and go, "huh" and think about how it's His providence - cuz that's what it always makes me do. It's like a little reassurance that everything's in place and running according to a preordained plan. :)

Kristie said...

Yep, I agree, it IS a reassurance that His hand is continually at work in our lives; that He's no just a "god" who in a sense wound up the clock and let it go on its own. If that were the case there wouldn't be the meaning in life which we have, it would mean that not everything was done for our good and HIS glory. PRAISE be to GOD for HIs incredible providence what comfort to the soul it is.

Manda said...

I've got one for you! Several months ago, I was musing to Josh on a Lord's Day morning how my mom used to tell us that our names were written in the Lamb's book of life and how I wondered if that wasn't as popular a teaching in reformed circles since I hadn't heard a mention of it since coming into the PRC. Off we went to worship, and the first thing your dad started to talk about in exposition of the passage he read in the call to worship was, you guessed it- the Lamb's book of life. :D

Kristie said...

Right on!!! Cool Manders!!!!!